As you approach the end of your Master of Science in Nursing program and prepare for a career as a nurse practitioner, you will want to create a cover letter, resume, and portfolio that best represent your knowledge, skills, and abilities as a professional in the field of nursing.
For this Assignment, you will create a Career Planner that you can use as you pursue your next professional role.
Review the Career Planner Guide.
Seek out resources on cover letters, resumes, and other professional resources, as needed. The Walden University Career Planning and Development site has information on many topics of relevance.
Develop a cover letter, resume, philosophy statement, and other professional resources that meet the requirements outlined in the Career Planner Guide.
By Day 7
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, Personal Philosophy Statement and Long/Short term goals.
1. Your cover letter should be:
• Presented and formatted in professional business manner
• Addressed properly
• Clear and concise (no more than one page) and include an introduction, body, and conclusion
• Written in a professional tone
2. Your Resume should be clear, concise and well organized and it should also include your:
• Name, location (city/town and state), business phone number, and email address (centered at top of resume)
• Objective: 2–3 sentences describing your goal/objective for employment
• Certifications & licenses
• Professional experience
3. Your Portfolio should be clear, concise and well organized and it should also include your:
• Personal philosophy statement
• Personal goals (short term and long term)
• Letters of recommendation
• References (list names, affiliation and contact information)
• Certifications and licenses
• Prior degrees
• Transcripts (Note: An unofficial transcript will meet this requirement.)
• Certificates of attendance for continuing education
• Oral presentations and/or poster presentations
4. Written Expression and Formatting – Paragraph Development and Organization:
Paragraphs make clear points that support well-developed ideas, flow logically, and demonstrate continuity of ideas. Sentences are carefully focused—neither long and rambling nor short and lacking substance.
5. Written Expression and Formatting – English Writing Standards:
Correct grammar, mechanics, and proper punctuation
6. Written Expression and Formatting – The assignment follows correct APA format for title page, headings, font, spacing, margins, indentations, page numbers, running heads, parenthetical/narrative in-text citations, and reference list.
Note: attached is the career planner guide and resume.
Helpful hints. I am ONS chemotherapy certified. I’m a member of Georgia nurses Association and American nurses association. I have been a hematology/oncology nurse for 6 years. I completed my nurse residency in 2017. I make donations to March of Dime and American cancer society.