Integrative Reflection Paper/Biological Impact of Trauma
Select one of the topics presented in the video lectures that you would like to write about.
Based on your selected topic, respond to all of the following:
1. What guidance do you need to be able to respond practically to this human rights issue in your practice as a social worker? (2.5 pts)
2. How will you utilize a trauma-informed approach when responding to this issue in your practice as a social worker? (2.5 pts)
3. How has this session informed your development as a social worker? (2.5 pts)
1. What is the (a) scope and (b) limitation of social work intervention in this area on micro, mezzo and macro levels?
2. What types of social work interventions could be used for: remedial, preventive, and developmental orientations to practice with this type of trauma?
3. What attitudes of social discrimination, marginalization, stigmatization and injustice surround this issue?
4. What factors might make it difficult for social workers to be unprejudiced with dealing with clients who have experienced this type of trauma and who seek services?