Chapter14: Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infections
1. What is the likely medical diagnosis for A.D.? What assessment data leads you to this conclusion’?
2. What are the priority nursing diagnoses for A.D. at this time?
3. What are the priority nursing interventions in A.D.’s plan of care?
4. Is A.D. now considered to have AIDS’?
5. A.D. has been HIV positive for 6 years, yet he has not developed AIDS. What factors might have delayed A.D.’s transitioning to AIDS?
6. A.D is continuing on therapy with trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole after discharge. Why?