Answer any five (5) of the following questions.
Each answer should be no more than about 100 words.
QUESTIONS—answer any 5 of the following, in order:
1. What did Naaraayanan et al find regarding the effect of shareholder activism by public sector pension funds on the environmental performance and profitability of the firms they invested in?
2. What is the difference between impact and financial materiality, and how do these give rise to different approaches to non-financial reporting?
3. What do Shapira and Zingales think the DuPont C8 toxic waste case goes to show, and why?
4. What is non-financial reporting (NFR)? Give an example of an NFR scheme. Indicate at least 2 uses made of NFR data
5. What are the main criticisms of ESG funds made by Damodaran and Fancy?
6. What is the relationship between equity ownership composition and CSR, according to empirical findings in Lee (2009) and Faller et al (2018)?
7. What are ESG funds and how do they work?
8. What does Auld say is the main challenge in the Phase II of design and implementation of “NSMD” certification programs?
9. What does the “business case for CSR” mean? In an empirical study testing whether the business case generally holds, what might be an independent variable and what might be a dependent variable? In an empirical study of whether ownership form matters for CSR, what might be an independent variable and what might be a dependent variable?