Quantitative and Qualitative Studies
This week, submit summaries of quantitative and qualitative studies.
For the assignment, you will select two original or primary research studies: one quantitative research study and one qualitative study related to the field of nursing. Then write an abstract of each study.
The selected articles should be original research studies.
Review articles, concept analysis, meta-analysis, meta-synthesis, integrative review, and systemic review should NOT be used.
Mixed-methods studies should not be used.
Address the following questions in each of your abstracts:
1. What type of research is it (quantitative, qualitative)?
2. What was the research question(s) or hypothesis?
3. What is the sample (population), the sample size, and sample attributes (characteristics)?
4. What is the setting (facility type, location, and country) of the study?
5. What were the researcher’s results and findings? (Identify one that clearly measures the dependent variable or objective of the research.)