Police Force Organizational Structure
- Read Chapter 3, “Police Organization and Administration: An Overview”.
- Review the journal article, From Police Administration to Police Science: The Development of a Police Academic Establishment in the United States.
- View the following “typical police organizational structure” image as an additional resource on the traditional model of a police structure.
- You will have to identify a local police force to investigate their organizational structure. You can call, visit, or perform and online search of the organization to complete this assignment.
- You will be creating an organizational structure chart of your local police force. The suggested organizational chart application for this assignment is Microsoft Word, but you can use another application if you so choose.
- After you have created your organizational chart, identify and explain why there might be any difference from your local police structure, roles, and responsibilities and the ‘traditional’ organizational structure presented above.