Management, Ch. 7: Information and Decision Making
As you read chapter seven, answer the following questions:
1. What are the steps in the decision-making process?
2. What has been your experience with the decision-making process?
3. What did you learn from those experiences?
4. You think any steps in the decision making process could be eliminated. Be sure to explain why or why not and give examples!
Read chapter eight, post your thoughts on the following two questions:
1. What are the steps in the planning process?
2. Which step is the most crucial? Why?
3. Planning is to the four management functions. Some believe that planning is the most important. I think most of us would agree that planning is vital to the success of an organization; without it, the organization will eventually suffer. Can an organization over plan, however? What could result in an organization spending too much time and effort in the planning function?
Read chapter nine, and post your thoughts.