Post a picture of your completed experiment showing germination of beans in water and hydrogen peroxide.
Include the table of your experimental results found in the scientific method lab report sheet (Part 2 under Lab Questions).
I. List the Scientific Method Steps in order
II. Experiment – your result (number of seeds germinated, germination %)
III. Questions – class results
1. What is the germination percentage of seeds in water within 72 hours?
2. What is the germination percentage of seeds in H2O2 within 72 hours?
3. Is there a difference in the percentage of seeds germinated between the two groups?
4. What is the test conclusion (from the Seed Stat program)?
5. Is there a significant difference in the percentage of seeds germinated between the two groups?
– If you get ‘reject the null’ then you know there is a significant difference.
– If you get ‘fail to reject the null’ then there is not a significant difference between the two groups.
Explain your results in no less than 4 complete sentences.
A proper explanation should address:
Overview of your results.
What conclusions can be drawn from your experiment.
What is the overall meaning of your results (think real world relevance).
What factors could have affected your results.
You must post your results before you can see other students’ posts.
Your post should include the first three components (results, picture and explanation).
Ask a question/ comment on someone’s post from your class/answer a question, in a respectful and thoughtful way.