Questions to consider
The roleplay you have watched is based on experiences and learnings of one kaimahi whanau. All kaimahi whanau will practise aspects of this roleplay in their own way, based on their own experiences and learnings. As a result there are many questions to consider.
Here are some:
1. What has the kaimahi whanau considered when choosing to visit the grandmother first rather than Mere’s father?
2. What has the kaimahi whanau considered in choosing not to suggest karakia at the start of this home visit?
3. The kaimahi whanau in this roleplay is known by the whanau and has knowledge of the whanau’s interests and history. If you as the kaimahi whanau, were not familiar with the whanau or they with you, what could you talk about with the kuia before talking about the “issue” and what you’ve come for?
4. How do you feel about the kaimahi whanau allowing the whanau to get back to the kaimahi whanau next week ? Should the kaimahi whanau have sought a more specific contact arrangement? If so, why?
5. What strength based principles are put into practice in this roleplay?