There are 3 parts to this assignment:
Part 1: Present Level of Academic Achievement and Functional Performance (PLAAFP)
Review the “Ana Case Study” and use the information provided to write a 250-500 word PLAAFP summary for Ana.
Your PLAAFP should include:
• Student academic strengths
• Performance in classes
• Potential influences of language, culture, and family background
• Strengths, preferences, and interests in nonacademic areas
• Any other relevant issues
Part 2: Annual Goals
Consider the information from the “Ana Case Study” and write two measurable academic goals and two measurable behavioral goals for Ana. Each goal should include:
• A specific, measurable skill or behavior to be achieved.
• A baseline level of mastery for each goal.
• A specific measure to determine if the goals have been achieved.
• A specific method describing how progress will be monitored.
• A schedule for when progress will be measured.
Part 3: Rationale
Provide a 500-750 word rationale that addresses the following:
• Clearly defend why each annual goal, assessment tool or strategy, and action steps are appropriate for Ana based on the information and data in the PLAAFP.
• Using the “College of Education Professional Dispositions of Learners,” identify a disposition that you, as a special education teacher, would want to especially demonstrate with Ana and her family.
• Explain how this disposition would assist you in incorporating Ana’s language, culture, and family background into planning and delivering instruction that meets Ana’s academic and social-emotional development needs.
• Identify specific steps you would recommend to Ana, her parents/guardianbcis, and the IEP team for Ana to accomplish her goals.