Subject Hurricane Ian 2022
1. Choose a “current event” (IAN 2022) that occurred this semester (from August 29th to December 16th,
2022) anywhere in the world that focuses on a topic we discussed in this class.
2. Find credible resources online that discuss this topic.
3. With your resources create a discussion post that includes the following elements:
a. An overview of this event (usually a summary of it in one paragraph)
b. When and where this event took place?
c. Did this event cause damage to human property? If so, what happened?
d. Did this event cause harm to human life? If so, what happened?
e. Did the event cause any environmental issues? If so, what happened?
f. How does this event relate to physical geography and/or topics we covered in this
4. With this information, write at least five solid paragraphs covering the elements above.
You will post this write-up in a discussion on Canvas. For more structure, write one to two paragraphs (at least 5 sentences each) providing a summary or overview of the event (a).
Write one to two paragraphs (5 sentences each) on how the event relates to concepts from this course (f). Then, for (b), (c), (d), and (e), write the remaining number of paragraphs that discuss all associated topics. Again, five paragraphs are required in total (it can be more).
5. Include a picture or map of the event or the effects of this event in your discussion