Project #2 – Training or Development Project
-After completing this project, you will be able to understand training and development and how to create and deliver an engaging and relevant HR training or development session.
1. For this project, you will choose a concept/issue from the textbook, from your own training and development experiences, or an approved HRM-related topic on which you will train or develop (instruct, teach) employees. The presentation will be formatted and organized as a portion of a new employee orientation/training or as a portion of a development session for current employees.
2. Your project will consist of a PowerPoint slide presentation (or alternative visual presentation software such as Prezi) and your notes for each slide covering the training/development topic. You can add audio if you would like – what you would be saying to your audience as each slide is being presented.
3. This would be the presentation you would show as the professional trainer for the training or development session at a particular organization. The presentation should be organized for a thirty minute session.
4. You will incorporate supporting research, so your last slide should be a Works Cited page.
5. In the slides, you can use pictures, illustrations, and other types of visual aid(s) – graphs, charts, drawings – to aid in understanding the main points of your training or development topic. You can embed a short, illustrative video in one of the slides if it is appropriate to the topic.