Read Case – Five Famous ERP Failures and answer the Four questions on page 223 in a three to
five page paper excluding title, abstract, and reference pages, include at least three peer reviewed
sources found in the Potomac Library properly cited and referenced.
Please use this strategy when you analyze a case:
1. Identify and write the main issues found discussed in the case
(who, what, how, where and when (the critical facts in a case).
2. List all indicators (including stated “problems”) that something is
not as expected or as desired.
3. Briefly analyze the issue with theories found in your textbook or
other academic materials. Decide which ideas, models, and
theories seem useful. Apply these conceptual tools to the
situation. As new information is revealed, cycle back to sub steps
a and b.
4. Identify the areas that need improvement (use theories from your
o Specify and prioritize the criteria used to choose action
o Discover or invent feasible action alternatives.
o Examine the probable consequences of action alternatives.
o Select a course of action.
o Design and implementation plan/schedule.
o Create a plan for assessing the action to be implemented.
5. Conclusion (every paper should end with a strong conclusion or
5 pages in length (excluding cover page, abstract, and
APA format, Use the APA template located in the Student
Resource Center to complete the assignment.
Please use the Case Study Guide as a reference point for writing
your case study.