- Identify potential risks and disruptions in global supply chain networks
- Recommend operations strategies to manage supply chain risks and disruptions
- Evaluate companies’ strategies in dealing with supply chain risks
Aggarwal, S., & Srivastava, M. K. (2016). Nissan: Recovering supply chain operations. Ivey Publishing.
Ellet, W. (2007). The case study handbook: How to read, discuss, and write persuasively about cases. Harvard Business Publishing.
Analyze the “Nissan: Recovering Supply Chain Operations” case study. Prepare a MS Word document of 4-6 pages answering the 4 questions following the case. write each question and then give the answer. Be certain to discuss the items included in the rubric.
- List four sources of supply chain risks for a Japanese automotive manufacturer such as Nissan. Include all sources of disruption mentioned in the case in your list.
- What are the operational strategies for managing supply chain risks/disruptions? Evaluate Nissan on each of these.
- In your opinion, had Nissan developed the perfect recovery strategy or is there still room for improvement for future crises?
- Explain the difference between Nissan’s risk management and crisis management strategies and evaluate each.