Write a 4-6 page analysis of a current problem or issue in health care, including a proposed solution and possible ethical implications.
For this assessment, you will analyze a current health care problem or issue. This assessment provides an opportunity to apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to a current health care problem or issue.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
Competency 1: Apply information literacy and library research skills to obtain scholarly information in the field of health care.
- Use scholarly information to describe and explain a health care problem or issue and identify possible causes for it.
Competency 2: Apply scholarly information through critical thinking to solve problems in the field of health care.
- Analyze a health care problem or issue by describing the context, explaining why it is important, and identifying populations affected by it.
- Discuss potential solutions for a health care problem or issue and describe what would be required to implement a solution.
Competency 3: Apply ethical principles and academic standards to the study of health care.
- Analyze the ethical implications if a potential solution to a health care problem or issue was implemented.
Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and respectful of the diversity, dignity, and integrity of others, and that is consistent with expectations for health care professionals.
- Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Write following APA style for in-text citations, quotes, and references.
Note: The requirements outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. At a minimum, be sure to address each point. In addition, you are encouraged to review the performance level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
- Describe the health care problem or issue you selected for use in Assessment 2 and provide details about it.
- Identify possible causes for the problem or issue.
- Use scholarly information to explain the health care problem or issue.
- Identify at least three scholarly or academic peer-reviewed journal articles about the topic.
- You may use articles you found while working on Assessment 2 or you may search the Capella Library for other articles.
- You may find the applicable Undergraduate Library Research Guide helpful in your search.
- Assess the credibility of the information sources.
- Assess the relevance of the information sources.
- Analyze the problem or issue.
- Describe the setting or context for the problems or issues.
- Describe why the problem or issue is important to you.
- Identify groups of people affected by the problem or issue.
- Discuss potential solutions for the problem or issue.
- Compare your opinion with other opinions you find in sources from the Capella Library.
- Provide the pros and cons for one of the solutions you are proposing.
- Analyze the ethical implications if the potential solution (the one for which you provide pros and cons) were to be implemented.
- Discuss the pros and cons of implementing the proposed solution from an ethical principle point of view.
- Provide examples from the literature to support the points you are making.
- Describe what would be necessary to implement the proposed solution..
Length: At least 4–6 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page and reference page.
Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
APA Template: Use the APA Style Paper Template as the paper format and the APA Style Paper Tutorial for guidance. See the Resources for these documents.
Written communication: Write clearly and logically, with correct use of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
Using outside sources: Integrate information from outside sources into academic writing by appropriately quoting, paraphrasing, and summarizing, following APA style.
References: Integrate information from outside sources to include at least three scholarly or academic peer-reviewed journal articles and three in-text citations within the paper.
APA format: Follow current APA guidelines for in-text citations of outside sources in the body of your paper and also on the reference page.
Turnitin: Submit your assessment to Turnitin prior to grading. Then, only submit your final assessment to faculty for grading.
Organize your paper using the following structure and headings:
Title page. A separate page.
Introduction. A brief one-paragraph statement about the purpose of the paper.
Elements of the problem/issue. Identify the elements of the problem or issue, or question.
Analysis. Analyze, define, and frame the problem or issue.
Considering options. Consider solutions, responses, or answers.
Solution. Choose a solution, response, or answer.
Implementation. Implementation of the potential solution.
Conclusion. One paragraph.